- Our staff visits your home and performs an assessment of your needs.
- We enroll you into the Energy Savings Assistance Program which also automatically enrolls you into the California Alternate Rates for Energy Program for the next two years.
- Our Energy Specialist educates you on energy savings and how you make a difference.
- Once the assessment is complete, your home is scheduled for weatherization and installation of measures that will make your home more energy efficient. This includes minor home repairs included in the Energy Savings Assistance Program.
- On your appointment day, SALCO Weatherization Specialists will arrive within one hour of your scheduled appointment.
- During your appointment a gas and safety check is performed.
- The improvements identified during your assessment are installed.
- Installation time is two hours on average.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, you are asked to verify the work that has been completed by signing a work order.
- After the work is complete, a representative from Pacific Gas and Electric Company will visit your home for inspection.
Do I have to show proof of income when I apply?
Yes. Pacific Gas and Electric Company will ask for check stubs, social security, bank statements, or other legal proof of income to verify that you qualify for the Energy Savings Assistance Program.
If you can provide documents proving participation in one of the following State or Federal public assistance programs, you do not need to provide additional income documentation in order to qualify for the Energy Savings Assistance Program:
- TANF (AFDC)
- Food Stamps
- Healthy Families Category A & B
- NSL Free Lunch Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
Can I get money back if I do the work myself?
No. Work must be done by contractors trained to work for the Energy Savings Assistance Program.
Who will be working at my residence?
- The Energy Savings Assistance Program trains contractors, which include Energy Specialists, Weatherization Specialists and Natural Gas Appliance Testing Techs. Our administrator Richard Heath & Associates has field staff who may ride along with the contractors to ensure work quality.
- Refrigerator contractors to remove and recycle old refrigerators and install new refrigerators.
- PG&E’s Central Inspection Program staff and Gas Service Representatives may also be at customers’ homes for appliance adjustments or measure inspection purposes.
How do I verify the worker’s identity?
- All SALCO Energy Specialists will arrive in uniform and wearing a badge displaying their name.
- If in doubt of a contractor’s identity, please call Richard Heath & Associates at
1-800-989-9744. If in doubt of a Pacific Gas and Electric Company employee’s identity, please call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.